1 hr 25 mins
A yummy dessert from Rachel Ray. Can use equal amounts of other fruit in place of peaches, i.e., nectarines, plums, apples, blueberries, cherries, etc. You might need to increase the sugar a bit to compensate for the different level of fruit sweetness as compared to peaches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the peaches, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp flour, toss well.
- 3In another large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Set aside 1 tbsp butter to soften @ room temperature. Rinse your hands with cold water and dry them (this is to keep them cool when you grate the butter).
- 5Grate the rest of the stick of butter on the large holes of a box grater; toss with the flour mixture, refridgerate.
- 6Use the reserved 1 tbsp butter to grease a shallow 9"x13" baking dish. Transfer the peach mixture to the dish, cover snugly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7About 5 minutes before the baking time is up, drizzle 1 1/4 cups heavy cream into the flou-butter mixture and stir lightly with a fork until just combined.
- 8Uncover the peaches & distribute the biscuit mixture on top in clumps, covering as evenly as you can. Bake until the top is nicely golden and the peaches are bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 9While the cobbler cools, whip the remaining 1 1/4 cups cream and 4 teaspoons sugar until barely stiff; refridgerate until ready to serve. Spoon the slightly warm cobbler onto plates and dollop the whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peaches 'n' Cream Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.1
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 348.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g