Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This also came from an old Borden Recipe Book. I love this dessert because it's wonderful to make when peaches are their sweetest. Light and refreshing and soooo easy!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) angel food cake
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, stiffly whipped
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- Cut cake into 1/4 inch slices; arrange half the slices on bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, water and extract. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread half the cream mixture over cake slices; arrange half the peach slices on top. Repeat layering, ending with peach slices. CHILL 4 HOURS or until set. Cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
- THE ANGLE FOOD CAKE CAN BE STORE BOUGHT TO SAVE TIME.