Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my husband's family recipes, a French staple in the summer in peach season. Minimum of 6 hours refrigeration. No cooking at all!!
- Peel the peaches--to do it easily, boil them for about 10 seconds, then peel off the skin.
- Slice them.
- Put the peeled, sliced peaches in a bowl, add about half a bottle of red wine to cover.
- The type of wine isn't so important, but it has to be decent and drinkable.
- I used a 3 dollar bottle of Cotes du Rhone yesterday.
- Pour in the sugar and stir.
- Must sit for 6 hours in the fridge, minimum.
- Serve in pretty glasses or dishes.
- If you feel you need something else to go with it, try some kind of crunchy cookie or macaroon.