Recipe by Kasha
One of my husband's family recipes, a French staple in the summer in peach season. Minimum of 6 hours refrigeration. No cooking at all!!
Top Review by BothFex
Amount of marinating depends on the type of wine and the ripeness of the peaches you use. I merely plunked my VERY ripe, peaches into wine glasses, poured over a nice pinot noir and let sit till chilled through (an hour or so?), then sprinkled a bit of demera sugar on top. Lovely on a hot evening.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the peaches--to do it easily, boil them for about 10 seconds, then peel off the skin.
- Slice them.
- Put the peeled, sliced peaches in a bowl, add about half a bottle of red wine to cover.
- The type of wine isn't so important, but it has to be decent and drinkable.
- I used a 3 dollar bottle of Cotes du Rhone yesterday.
- Pour in the sugar and stir.
- Must sit for 6 hours in the fridge, minimum.
- Serve in pretty glasses or dishes.
- If you feel you need something else to go with it, try some kind of crunchy cookie or macaroon.