Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful with fresh ripe summer peaches. An easy dessert that looks beautiful, too.
Make and share this Peaches in Red Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large ripe peaches, washed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups full-bodied red wine, such as Chianti or 2 cups zinfandel
- Slice the peaches and put into 4 wine glasses.
- Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Divide the wine among the 4 portions.
- Serve with a spoon.
I love this! I used a good, dark red wine (merlot), no sugar and keep in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. This was usual after dinner desert my mom made for my dad. We've been making this for over 30 years in the summer!
Oh! this brings me back to my childhood at my grandparents' house! Still, warm, summer nights in New York 50 years ago. Between the sugar and the wine ... let's just say very relaxing! The peaches and wine sparkle like jewels in the glass. Thanks for the trip home, NurseDi