Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is heavenly! It's easy to make and is a lovely ending to any meal. Perfect to serve company! I thought it tasted even better the second day, as the peaches and port wine melded together, making a very light and smooth dessert. Or maybe you want to use it as one of your fruit groups for the day like I did! LOL I found this recipe in the cookbook Applehood & Motherpie, handpicked recipes from Upstate New York, from the Junior League of Rochester. Mmmm. Enjoy! (Chill time is listed as Cook Time in the recipe.)
- Sprinkle peach slices with sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice and wine.
- Chill 1 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Whip cream with salt and confectioners' sugar.
- Spoon peaches and juice into individual dishes.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.