1 hr 15 mins
What a treat! Too good for kids, of course, so hide them in the far back of the cupboard! *Preserving Nature's Bounty* by Frances Bissell gets all the credit for this one.
My Private Note
quart j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare peaches (dip peaches into boiled water, then into ice-cold water--skins will slip off; then halve and twist to remove the pit).
- 2Make a syrup with the sugar & water in a large sauce-pan; stir mixture until it boils.
- 3To the boiling syrup, add peach halves and extract.
- 4When fruit is cooked (5-7 min), remove pan from heat, drain (reserve); cool fruits and spoon carefully into prepared jars.
- 5Half fill jars with reserved syrup, run a butter knife down the jar to remove air bubbles; fill jars to the top with BRANDY.
- 6Seal jars with lids, shake gently to mix syrup and brandy.
- 7Store in a cool dark place--use within six months.
- 8I've also added a pinch of cinnamon and cloves with VERY good results.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peaches in Brandy
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 108.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g