Recipe by gypsysister
So easy...This is great for when you want the pleasure of a home made pie dessert without the work. Serves 2. It comes from the Best of Louisiana cookbook. I love it and use whatever fruit I have on hand. A raspberry/peach combo was nice the other day. See what you can come up with :)
- 1 cup fresh peach, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange liqueur (or vanilla or almond extract)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- For the filling: Mix the first five ingredients, place in 2 small souffle dishes.
- For the pastry: Stir 1/4 C flour, salt, then cut in shortening with a fork.
- add in milk, mix
- Roll the pastry out and cut thin strips to place over the filling.
- Pour 1 T melted butter over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 25 min, until top is golden brown.