Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pie is delicious! This is a great dessert to serve at a BBQ Cookout! I get compliments on it all the time!
- 709.77 ml fresh peeled and chopped peaches
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 fresh peach, sliced for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place 3 cups fresh peaches into pie pastry.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt.
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Blend well.
- Spoon mixture over peaches.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- A pastry blender works well, but two forks or two knives will also work.
- Sprinkle meal mixture evenly over pie.
- Bake 60 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with fresh peach slices, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This is scrumptious!! I didn't have fresh peaches, so I used my home canned ones. It came out really good. The sour cream gives a nice flavor. We liked the crunchy top too! Mine only had to bake for 50 minutes.
My peaches were not ripe enough so I used 2 cans of peaches in their own juice, drained. Fantastic! I empressed everyone that tried it. Not too sweet, just right for this non dessert eater. Thanks for a great recipe.
This pie was truly OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I used a mix of Georgia and California Peaches. The sweet, crunchy topping offset the less sweet taste of the creamy filling. The only thing I was unsure of was how small to chop the peaches. I did mine about 1/2-3/4 inch cubes and it worked fine. I was going to make this for July 4th and then a couple days later, but the kids ate all of my peaches both times! Finally, today I was able to make this yummy recipe because I told them "hands off the peaches" :) Thanks so much for a unique, delicious and easy recipe!