Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful treat for breakfast.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, well drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and beat with a mixer until fine crumbs form. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set. Cake will not be fully cooked at this point.
- While the cake is baking, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk. Stir in lemon juice, then the drained and chopped peaches, 1/2 cup nuts and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine reserved crumb mixture and 1/2 cup nuts, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked cake. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Continue baking 35 minutes longer or until set.
- Serve warm. Reheats well in oven or microwave.