Recipe by daisygrl64
An irresistible cobbler with peaches and served with cream. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 400*F.
- in large bowl stir together all filling ingredients except peaches.
- stir in peaches.
- pour batter into 13x9" baking pan.
- in medium bowl stir together all cobbler ingredients, except butter, egg and milk.
- cut in butter until crumbly.
- stir in egg and milk just until moistened.
- crumble mixture over peaches; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around edges.
- serve with whipped cream.