Recipe by Katherine in Alberta
This is a lovely dessert and a crowd pleaser that my girlfriend Betty made and I'm so glad she gave me the recipe....simply delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (153 g) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 6 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened sliced peaches (reserve 1/2 cup of the juice)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 x 13 glass cake pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding, melted margarine, milk and eggs.
- Beat for 2 minutes and spread into prepared pan.
- Drain the peaches and reserve 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Arrange the peaches over the batter.
- Beat together the 2 pkg of softened cream cheese and 1 cup sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup of peach juice and beat until mixed.
- Spread over top of the peaches.
- Combine 1/4 cup white sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes at 350.