Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've prepared this lots of times. It is not too sweet is great with coffee for a dessert or even breakfast or brunch. It looks like a lot of work, but is really easy to prepare if you can get over the wordy instructions. Source: Pampered Chef
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds (I usually omit these)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Unroll 1 package of the crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of a rectangle stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using a baker's roller, roll dough to seal seams. On longest sides of baking stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches deep. (There will be 6 inches of uncut dough down center for filling.)
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; whisk until smooth. Separate egg (set aside yolk for later use); add egg white to cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly down center of dough. In a bowl, combine peaches and spice blend; toss gently using. Spoon peaches evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid. Combine reserved egg yolk with water; brush egg mixture over dough. Chop almonds; sprinkle over dough.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar if desired. Serve warm.