Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I learned this while having dinner with a friend in Montreal. This was how she got people to eat canned fruit. It's amazingly simple and delicious. (I don't know the real name, so I made this up.)
- peach, 1 can (or any canned or bottled fruit)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 dash vanilla
- Drain fruit.
- Drain fruit again because it's very important.
- With frying pan warmed to medium-high, roast fruit in butter.
- Add brown sugar (add more for saucier peaches).
- Cook constantly until sauce bubbles.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve immediately.
Tasty, quick and easy, a perfect combination. I added about 1/4 cup of cream before I served. Thanks for posting. =)
Simple, and so good! Not for people who don't like sweet, though -- but who doesn't?