Recipe by carolinafan
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
I made this pie for my mother's birthday. It's her favorite. I actually lost Mom's recipe from Taste of Home Magazine long ago and was happy to find this one. The pie turned out exactly as I remember it--juicy, sliced peaches nestled between a layer of moist, vanilla cake-like crust and topped with a creamy layer sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Triple yum! The next time I make this, I think I'll use fresh peaches and sprinkle them with a pinch of nutmeg before topping with the cream cheese layer. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can peaches, drained (save juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons peach juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, pudding mix, butter, egg and milk; mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased deep dish pie plate.
- Pour drained peaches over mixture.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and peach juice and pour over peaches and mixture.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.