Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Healthy Kitchen website
Make and share this Peaches and Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt (necessary)
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 85.04 g non-instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 453.59 g canned peaches, drained and juice reserved
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar, plus
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl and beat 2 minutes with electric mixer.
- Pour into buttered 9 inch pie plate.
- Arrange peaches over batter.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tbsp reserved peach juice in a mixing bowl.
- Beat 2 minutes.
- Pour over peaches and smooth out to cover pie, leaving 1/2 inch around outside edge.
- Combine 1 tbsp sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 35 minutes until golden.
I love this combination of cake, peaches and cream cheese. I will be making this often. Thanks for posting.
Now here's a pie I could make again & again ~ GREAT, JUST GREAT! The crust was very different from what I'm used to, but it was, nonetheless, good! The topping, though, is what really sets this pie off ~ A TRUE KEEPER! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in our vegetarian group in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]
This recipe is not what I expected. Even though the batter on the bottom had baking powder and a egg, it did not seem to rise. Therefore, it gave a hard, compacted bottom to the pie. The flavor for the cream cheese topping combined with the peach filling was good. I used fresh peaches. Prepared for July 2008 Fruit Cobbler, Pies, and Tarts Event.