Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh or frozen peaches star in these not-too-sweet crumb- topped muffins from Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh peaches or 1 cup frozen peaches, chopped & thawed
- In a bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in the peaches.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 10 muffins.
Wow, these were fantastic. Very moist. Used fresh peaches and sour cream. Yum!