3 hrs 15 mins
Cream cheese beaten into the custard base is the secret to this immeasurably smooth and luscious ice cream If you don’t have a large, 6-quart ice cream maker, divide the amounts by three and use a standard 1 1/-2 or 2-quart machine. A great recipe from Relish Mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 1/4 cups turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened (can use reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 6 cups fresh peaches
- 3 cups pureed peaches
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peaches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups crushed waffle cones or 1 1/2 cups butter waffle cookies
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh peaches, sprinkled with 1 to 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar and a splash of bourbon, if desired
- 13-41Combine 5 cups half-and-half, turbinado sugar, brown sugar and beaten eggs in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stirring well, cook until just before boiling—little bubbles will form along the rim of the pot. Remove from heat and set aside. The mixture may look curdled.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly pour in hot mixture, continuing to beat. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled—at least 2 hours.
- 3Stir in remaining 3 cups half-and-half, 3 cups puréed peaches, lemon rind and juice, and vanilla bean paste. Freeze in a 6-quart ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. When the ice cream is almost fully churned, fold in the coarsely chopped peaches.
- 4•Serve with crushed waffle cone and macerated peaches.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (3686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste