Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
In 'The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever' by Beatrice Ojakangas
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 large peaches or 4 large nectarines, peeled and diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream (or undiluted evaporated milk)
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine the rolled oats and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Distribute the peaches evenly in the pan.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, and cream in a bowl; pour over the peaches; top with the rolled oat mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the oats are browned and the peaches bubble up around the edges of the pan.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
I love this recipe! It is a cross between a custard and a fruit crisp. I've used peaches, frozen mixed berries, and they are both great. I use a bit less dark brown sugar .
Thanks for posting!