Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Sounds wonderful and other fruit could be used here I am sure.
- 60 g butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59 ml self raising flour
- 425 g sliced peaches, drained
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, extra
- 9.85 ml sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Beat butter, sugar, 1 egg, sifted flour and milk in bowl with electric mixer.
- Beat till smooth and changed in colour.
- Pour into greased ovenproof dish.
- Top with peaches.
- Bake in moderate oven 40 minutes.
- Pour combined cream and extra 2 eggs over peaches.
- Sprinkle with combined sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake further 15 minutes or till set.
What a lovely dessert this made, I scaled back for 2 serves for the DM and the DS and made in a small square corning dish but had enough for 4 serves (so it will be dessert again tonight for them). I did use an artificial sweetener in place for the sugar and the peaches were in natural juice and served with a creamy vanilla yoghurt. Thank you katew, made for Everyday A Holiday.
Usually I'd cut the recipe back when there are just 2 of us, but this looks (& WAS) so delicious, that I just had to make the whole thing! Absolutely wonderful in every way! Another time I look forward to making this when we have company! Thanks so much for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]