Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Layers of rich goodness. You can't go wrong with pound cake, creamy filling, and fresh peaches. This can also be made low-fat by replacing the pound cake with an angel food cake, the sweetened condensed milk with non-fat s.c. milk, sugar free pudding, and non-fat cool whip. Almost takes the fun out of eating a rich dessert, but I swear, you can't tell it's low-cal.
- 1 sara lee poundcake
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cake into 1/4" slices and arrange half in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla extract, and pudding. Beat well; chill 5 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped topping and spread half the mixture over the cake.
- Arrange half the peach slices on top of the fluff.
- Repeat layers beginning with cake and ending with peaches. Chill 4 hours, covered, or until it is set. Refrigerate any leftovers and keep covered. This is better if it sits overnight to let the cake get soft.