1/1 Photo of Peaches and Cream Cupcakes
A soft, fresh peach cupcake with a burst of jam inside, topped of with a light as air whipped cream frosting make these a truly decadent treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 pinch salt, ONLY if you're using unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup pureed peach, this was 3 peaches for me
- 1/4 cup peach jam
For the frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 hole cupcake tray.
- 2Place the butter and sugars into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on med-high speed.
- 3Add in the eggs and vanilla, scraping sides as necessary and mix on medium until well incorporated, about 1 minute.
- 4Add in the baking powder and flour and mix on low until well combined.
- 5Add in the peach purée and mix on low until well combined.
- 6Divide the batter between the liners, 3/4 full.
- 7Place in oven for 18-22 mins, until risen, golden and an inserted skewer into the centre comes out clean.
- 8Transfer to wire rack immediately. If you leave them in the tray they can get greasy and the liners will peel away from the cupcakes.
- 9Once cool, using a 1 and 1/2 inch piping nozzle/doughnut filling nozzle or small knife, make a small hole in the centre of each cupcakes, make sure you make the hole almost all the way through the cupcake.
- 10Pipe jam into each hole until level with the top, then make the frosting. Place all frosting ingredients into a large bowl and whisk on medium speed until light and fluffy, you want it just a little firmer than soft peak, so it will hold its shape when you pipe it.
- 11Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and garnish with half a peach slice.
- 12Cupcakes will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for 2 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peaches and Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.8
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g