Recipe by anniesnomsblog
A soft, fresh peach cupcake with a burst of jam inside, topped of with a light as air whipped cream frosting make these a truly decadent treat!
For the cupcakes
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 pinch salt, ONLY if you're using unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup pureed peach, this was 3 peaches for me
- 1⁄4 cup peach jam
For the frosting
- 1 1⁄2 cups double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 fresh peach, cut into 6 slices and then halved for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 hole cupcake tray.
- Place the butter and sugars into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on med-high speed.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, scraping sides as necessary and mix on medium until well incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add in the baking powder and flour and mix on low until well combined.
- Add in the peach purée and mix on low until well combined.
- Divide the batter between the liners, 3/4 full.
- Place in oven for 18-22 mins, until risen, golden and an inserted skewer into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack immediately. If you leave them in the tray they can get greasy and the liners will peel away from the cupcakes.
- Once cool, using a 1 and 1/2 inch piping nozzle/doughnut filling nozzle or small knife, make a small hole in the centre of each cupcakes, make sure you make the hole almost all the way through the cupcake.
- Pipe jam into each hole until level with the top, then make the frosting. Place all frosting ingredients into a large bowl and whisk on medium speed until light and fluffy, you want it just a little firmer than soft peak, so it will hold its shape when you pipe it.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and garnish with half a peach slice.
- Cupcakes will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for 2 days.