Recipe by princessmommie
These look beautiful and taste great. A perfect little cookie to dress up a cookie table at a wedding! The green leaves can be found at any craft store, check the wedding section.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- peach Jello
- apricot gelatin
- strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add sugar, oil, flour and baking powder. Mix well. Refrigerate 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Roll in small balls, approximately the size and shape of a lagre grape. Bake 325 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes. While cookies are still warm, scoop out small hole on the flat side (melon scoop or small knife is good for this).
- For the icing: Thicken cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, approximately 5-10 minutes. Let stand to cool. Do not put in refrigerator or it will get yucky. Cream sugar and crisco with a mixer, add vanilla, marshmallow creme and cornstarch/milk mixture. Beat for 10 minutes. Fill cookies with icing and "cement" two cookies together. I sometimes freeze cookes at this point.
- Mix peach jello according to directions, but do not refrigerate. Put dry apricot jello and strawberry jello into separate bowls. Quickly* dip the cookie into the "wet" peach jello, roll cookie in dry apricot jello, then dip the bottom of the cookie into the dry strawberry jello. Add green leaf to make the cookie look like a peach.
- *It is important to not overwet the cookie when you dip it or it will fall apart!