Recipe by grandma2969
these are better suited to a dessert tray..they are so cute..take a little bit of time to make, but with a maraschino cherry as the "pit" you will be rewarded with many compliments..I brush my peach cookies with either peach juice or apricot nectar..so my grandchildren can enjoy these cookies..
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- maraschino cherry
- peach colored crystal sugar (optional)
- peach schnapps
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, flour, salt and vanilla and baking powder.mix well.
- refrigerate overnight --
- roll into small balls and bake at 350* until very brown.approximately 15 minutes.
- combine pudding mix and cool whip and set aside.
- using 2 cookies for each "peach"take a very small spoon and scoop out some cookie from its flat bottom.fill both half with the pudding mixture, place a maraschino cherry in the middle for the peach "pit".and put cookie halves back together.
- brush the outside of each cookie with peach schnapps and roll in peach colored sugar.