Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light summer dessert.
- 2 (9 inch) basic yellow cake
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 peaches
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- Chop three of the peaches and combine with water and sugar over low heat.
- Bring to a simmer and blend until smooth with an immersion blender, stir in the schnapps and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice the very top off each cake leaving an even and flat layer.
- Spoon a generous amount of the mixture over each cake.
- The peach puree will soak into the cake.
- Slice the remaining three peaches and place a layer on top of one of the cakes.
- Put the other layer on top and chill while the whipped cream is prepared.
- Whip the cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Top the cake with an even layer and use reserved peaches for the top of the cake.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerated prior to serving.