Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This wonderful soap is delicately scented, and is beautiful to look at. Use a variety of different molds to make it really special. You can give this as gifts -- or use it yourself everyday! You don't have to know how to make soap from scratch to make this soap, and you don't have to use scary ingredients like lye! (Which many people are uncomfortable with.) Enjoy!
- 1 regular size ivory soap bar
- 1⁄4 cup distilled water
- 1⁄4 cup full-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peach fragrance oil
- 1 drop orange food coloring
- Prepare your soap molds: Spray a very light coat of vegetable cooking spray over the molds, and set aside.
- You can use any molds you like, or you can buy molds made specifically for soap at your favorite craft store.
- Shred or grate the soap.
- If you don't want to use your grater to shred the soap, use a sharp knife and cut into very tiny pieces.
- Ivory is used because it's very natural (we all know the commercials 99. 9% pure!).
- Set grated soap aside.
- Heat the water over very low heat, and gradually stir in the soap until it begins to melt.
- Remove pan from heat, and add all other ingredients.
- Blend very well, until you have a nice, smooth mixture.
- Pour the soap into the molds.
- Tap gently on the side to rid the soap of any bubbles.
- Allow to set for about a day before using.
this is a really great easy recipe for kids to make.. & i also used other scents as well.. my girls will have making this for gifts for teachers ...