Recipe by Emmie Gruchow
This is a wonderfully simple dessert or snack. The combination of rose water and hazelnut extract is often overlooked, and this is a nice way to try it out with complimentary ingredients. It is also a good recipe for diabetics and hypoglycemics- I am the latter- and this is one of the few dessert experiments I have tried that satisfies my sweet tooth with a small helping, is completely healthy, and doesn't give me a sugar high or low afterward. Start with 1 tbsp. agave syrup and 1/2 tsp. hazelnut extract until you determine your taste preference. I recommend organic for all these ingredients, if possible, especially the cottage cheese.
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen peaches
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon light agave syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To thaw peaches, remove from bag, and pour into glass dish. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to sit in refrigerator overnight. Microwave for thirty seconds to warm.
- (For quick thaw, remove peaches from bag, pour into glass dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for two minutes. Wait five minutes before opening microwave and removing bowl).
- Mix cottage cheese, hazelnut extract, rosewater, and vanilla extract together with spoon in another small bowl.
- Pour 3/4 cup peaches on top of the cottage cheese mixture. Drizzle agave syrup over the peaches (this is easiest to do from the bottle).
- (Optional) Sprinkle oatmeal over peaches, and add a little extra agave syrup over oatmeal.