1 hr 30 mins
A treat even better the next day. When I use fresh peaches I cut them into quarters, then peel each section, less messy. If you decide to use instant vanilla pudding, use 1 large and 1 small boxes, prepare as directed on box, adding up to 1/4 cup extra of milk. Omitting the cream, sugar, vanilla, salt and all the eggs but keep the cinnamon. Use canned and frozen fruits vs the fresh. Warm the pudding to saturate the croissants. Decrease baking time to 45 minutes or so, checking for doneness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 plain croissants, a few days old,torn into chunks
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4-1 teaspoon freshly grated cinnamon
- 6 large egg yolks (freeze the whites for omelets)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 -10 peaches, pitted,peeled and chunked or 1 (28 ounce) can canned peaches, drained and chunked
- 1 cup berries, defrosted or perferably fresh (your choice, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, boysenberries even blackcherries)
- 1Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 3In a large sauce pan over low heat, combine cream, sugar, vanilla and salt, stirring till warm, (no boiling), stir in cinnamon.
- 4Add croissants to mix, stirring to saturate.
- 5Chill about 30 minutes.
- 6With an electric mixer, blend egg yolks and eggs.
- 7Gently stir into croissant mixture, fold peaches and berries into mix.
- 8Pour mix into baking dish.
- 9Bake for 1- 1 1/2 hours or until pick inserted comes out clean.
- 10Cool, serve topped with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peaches and ...? Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.6
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 236.5 mg
- Sodium 300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: