Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was the $25,000 Grand Prize winning recipe in the 1964 Pillsbury Bake-Off. It's a yummy recipe which uses canned peach slices.
PEACHES and CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peach halves in syrup (reserve 6-7 Tablespoons Syrup for pie crust)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- PEACH MIXTURE.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup.
- Combine peach slices, 1/2 cup sugar, corn starch, corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
- CHEESECAKE TOPPING.
- Combine eggs, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons peach syrup in small saucepan.
- Cook, until thick, stirring constantly over medium high heat.
- With an electric mixer, in a large bowl, blend together sour cream and cream cheese.
- Add hot mixture and beat until smooth.
- PIE CRUST.
- Combine flour& Salt.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture.
- Add peach syrup and stir with fork until mixture holds together.
- Roll out half of dough on a floured surface and fit into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Flute edges.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into circles.
- Brush circles with some of the reserved peach syrup.
- ASSEMBLE PIE.
- Put peach mixture into pie crust.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Pour cheesecake topping over peaches.
- Arrange circles of pie dough on top of cheesecake topping with the syrup side up.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cover edge of crust with aluminum foil and lower heat to 350 degrees.
- Continue baking for 30-35 minutes or until crust is a deep golden brown.