Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 mins
From "175 Best Jams, Jellies, Marmalades & Other Soft Spreads," by Linda J. Amendt.
Make and share this Peacharita Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare canning jars and lids and bring water in water bath canner to a boil.
- In an 8-quart stainless-steel stockpot, combine peeled peaches, lime juice, tequila and triple sec. Gradually stir in sugar and butter, if using. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, and boil for one minute.
- Remove pot from heat and skim off any foam. Let jam cool in the pot for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and threads with a clean, damp paper towel. Center hot lids on jars and screw on bands until fingertip-tight.
- Place jars in canner, making sure they are covered by at least 1 inch of water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil. Process 4-ounce jars and 8-ounce jars for 10 minutes; process 1-pint jars for 15 minutes.
- Remove jars from canner and place on a wire rack or cloth towel. Let cool for 24 hours, then check seals. Wash and dry jars and store in a cool, dry, dark location.