Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A lovely simple dessert, great for the warmer weather. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 820 g canned peach halves
- 1 (85 g) packet lemon jelly crystals
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Chill evaporated milk in the freezer and let chill for several hours.
- Drain the peach halves, reserving 1 cup syrup.
- Bring the syrup to the boil and add jelly crystals & lemon juice, stir until dissolved. Allow to cool but not set.
- Whip evaporated milk until soft peaks form. Fold into jelly mixture.
- Reserve 6 peach halves for decoration & arrange remaining halves in the base of 6 parfait glasses.
- Pour the milk mixture on top of peach halves in glasses & chill until set.
- Decorate with peach halves & almonds.
OMG! Who knew??! This is absolutely brilliant! And so easy! What a great technique chilling then beating evaporated milk. I did use strawberry jello which made it a lovely pink color. This can be changed up easily with different flavors jello & different fruits. Definitely a keeper! Thank you! Made for Aussie Swap 2/13.