Recipe by Ceezie
Tasty crumb cake is topped with juicy peach chunks and a walnut crumb topping. Another great recipe from McCormick
Top Review by Mckick19
This is a favorite! I have made it twice. Once with fresh and once with canned peaches. I make a little more topping than the recipe calls for, because in my opinion you can NEVER have enough topping! I send pieces with DH to work for his friends. They actually ask for it. One had a DREAM that I had forgotten the topping. HA! No chance of that happening. Bet it would be great warm right out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it. Great recipe, thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced fresh peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F For the Topping, mix walnuts, flour, brown sugar and spices in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- For the Cake, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and sour cream on low speed just until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Spread evenly in greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Drain peach pieces on paper towels. Arrange peaches over top of batter, pressing in slightly. Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and topping is browned. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Tip: Substitute 2 cans (15 ounces each) peach slices, drained well and cut into 1-inch pieces, for the fresh peaches.