Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The flavour is subtle, fruity and fresh. Add to fruit salads or use to create a special glaze for pork dishes. For the best retention of flavors, store flavored vinegars in the refrigerator or a cool dark place. If properly prepared, flavored vinegars should retain good quality for two to three months in cool room storage and for six to eight months in refrigerated storage. -=Attention=- Should you decided to display pretty bottles of herb and fruit vinegars on a kitchen window sill. If left out for more than a few weeks, these bottles are then considered as decoration and not used in food preparation.
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 lb peach, stoned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a glass or stainless steel sauce pan heat white wine vinegar on the stove to where it is warm, but not boiling.
- Stir in the peach cubes and cook 1 minutes.
- Pour the warmed peach-vinegar mixture into a 1 quart glass jar and allow to cool to room temperature before capping with an acid-proof lid (about 15 minutes).
- Store vinegar in a cool, dark place; Shake daily for 1 week.
- After one week has passed strain peach vinegar through cheesecloth, rebottle and label.