Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
this decadent breakfast can be served with fresh sliced strawberries or raspberries & some cream. Yummy Christmas breakfast.
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained,reserve liquid for syrup
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan; stir in brown sugar& water.
- Cook, stirring gently until thickened.
- Pour into well greased 10x15 or 9x 13 pan.
- drain peaches& reserve liquid, place peaches on top of cooled sugar mixture in pan.
- slice french bread into 1" thick slices& place slices over peaches, filling all the gaps.
- mix eggs, vanilla,& milk and pour over bread.
- cover& refrigerate overnight.
- in the morning, uncover& bake@ 350 for 40 minutes.
- cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving tray.
- for peach syrup: mix reserved peach liquid with cornstarch& stir over low heat until thickened add juice.
- serve warm.
Made this for Father's Day breakfast. DH loved it!