1/2 Photos of peach upside-down french toast
this decadent breakfast can be served with fresh sliced strawberries or raspberries & some cream. Yummy Christmas breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained,reserve liquid for syrup
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1Melt margarine in a small saucepan; stir in brown sugar& water.
- 2Cook, stirring gently until thickened.
- 3Pour into well greased 10x15 or 9x 13 pan.
- 4drain peaches& reserve liquid, place peaches on top of cooled sugar mixture in pan.
- 5slice french bread into 1" thick slices& place slices over peaches, filling all the gaps.
- 6mix eggs, vanilla,& milk and pour over bread.
- 7cover& refrigerate overnight.
- 8in the morning, uncover& bake@ 350 for 40 minutes.
- 9cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving tray.
- 10for peach syrup: mix reserved peach liquid with cornstarch& stir over low heat until thickened add juice.
- 11serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for peach upside-down french toast
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 195.5 mg
- Sodium 515.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 12.3 g