Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's amazing how something this easy to make can taste so good --- this is like a pineapple upside down cake only it's made with peaches!
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1/4 cup butter onto bottom of an 8-inch round cake pan, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Arrange canned peaches and cherries on top of the brown sugar.
- In a bowl, cream the shortening and sugar and rind until well blended; add the egg, and beat well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together; add to the creamed mixture, alternately with the orange juice.
- Pour evenly and carefully over peaches.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert (turn over) onto serving plate, and remove cake from pan.