Recipe by LAURIE
A twist on the upside-down cake tradition! The first cake I ever made and entered at the fair, years ago as a 4Her! Of course I got a blue ribbon! Still making it today 40 years later only simplified these days.
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious, We love peach upside down cake. This was every easy to make. I did cut the recipe in half as there is only 2 of us. I was hoping to get a chance to make the whole recipe. I just measured the cake mix(4cups)& used half (2 Cups) worked great. Served it with vanilla ice cream,Yum Yum. Thank you for sharing this recipe Laurie.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peach halves in syrup
- maraschino cherry, halves if desired
- 2 eggs
- whipped cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, evenly.
- Drain peaches and reserve syrup.
- Arrange slices in the sugar.
- If desired arrange cherries round side down in the sugar.
- Add enough water to syrup to make 1 1/3 cup liquid.
- Add this and the eggs to the cake mix and mix as directed.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Turn upside-down on a large platter or cookie sheet with sides.
- Remove pan and serve warm topped with whipped cream.