Recipe by Sage
This recipe is an old standby that is so easy and so good. You can also make this with can peaches. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 6 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 6 peaches, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (180 ml)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Topping: Soften butter in bottom of oiled 8 inch round pan. Add brown sugar and blend well. Place cherries so peach halves will fit on top. Press peach cut side down into mixture.
- Batter. Cream together the butter,almond flavouring and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until smooth;set aside. Mix flour,salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the creamed butter mixture beating well between additions. Pour batter over peach slices in cake pan.
- Bake for 40 tminutes. Cake is done when a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave cake in pan and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and invert onto a serving plate.