Recipe by LaLa Lola
Delicious change from pineapple upside down cake.
Top Review by Theresa L.
This recipe is confusing. The ingredients list has the eggs, oil and water that would go into the cake mix. The directions say to make the cake as directed on the box. The amounts of water and oil in the recipe don't match. Do you use the amounts in the recipe or the amounts on the cake mix? The cake mix called for a cup of water so I put in a cup of peach juice. The recipe only calls for 1/3 cup water. My cake has been baking for 45 minutes and is still not done. Not happy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 water
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- whipped topping (optional) or ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place butter and brown sugar in 9x13-inch pan and place in the oven while it's heating; when butter is melted, stir to combine.
- Mix cake as directed, using juice from peaches in place of water.
- Arrange peaches on top of sugar mixture, and spread batter over fruit.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Let stand 5 minutes for topping to set. Then place a large platter or cookie sheet over the pan and turn upside down.
- Serve warm or room temp with whipped topping or ice cream.