This recipe was passed on to me by a friend who's very much into PEACHES anything, as long as it's easy-to-make!!
- Mix cake batter according to directions on box, but substitute reserved peach juice/syrup for water.
- Add margarine, then eggs.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon & a little brown sugar [as much as desired!], then blend until it is thick. Set aside.
- In bottom of a 13"x9" non-stick cake pan, place peach halves, cut side down & with a cherry in the middle of each, lining bottom of pan with peaches.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar over peaches.
- Put a whole pecan in each of the spaces where peach halves come together, & place more all around the pan.
- Drizzle A LITTLE BIT of the cherry liquid over the peaches.
- Pour cake batter over peaches, covering all of them.
- Bake cake according to directions on box, but increasing baking time A LITTLE BIT.
- When done, remove from oven & cool slightly before inverting cake onto a serving plate.
- Great served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.