1/3 Photos of Peach & Tomato Salsa
1 hr 20 mins
Preschool Chef's Note:
This is a spicy salsa that my family eats with tortilla chips. My daughter serves it with grilled chicken. It is easy to prepare and process if you use the canned shortcuts. (Fresh is better, but it is still flavorful and spicy using canned tomatoes and peppers.) Use ONLY fresh, firm yellow peaches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 cups fresh peaches, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes (May substitute canned "No salt added" diced tomatoes )
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups sweet onions
- 1/2 cup jalapeno, diced (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Peel, pit, and chop peaches, and mix with lime juice.
- 2Peel and chop fresh tomatoes to measure 4 cups (If using canned diced tomatoes, drain excess juice before measuring).
- 3Combine all fresh fruits and vegetables in a large stainless steel pot. Add vinegar, honey,cilantro, cayenne, and crushed red pepper. ( Do not add canned vegetables yet).
- 4Bring mixture to boil over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add any canned vegetables, and cook for 3 more minutes. .Continue frequent stirring.
- 6Turn heat to simmer.
- 7Ladle salsa into hot sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe jar rim with clean cloth or napkin. Top with new sterilized lid. Screw on band tightly.
- 8Place jars in canning pot. Add water, making sure tops of lids are covered.
- 9Bring canner to boil, and process for 10 minutes.
- 10Remove jars from canner, and place on towel in a cool spot.
- 11In about an hour, check to make sure that lids have sealed. Refrigerate or reprocess any that are not sealed.
- 12Allow to sit without moving for about 2 days.
- 13Label and store jars in a cool, dark place.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach & Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (3314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g