Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
The macaroon crust makes this tart worthwhile
Make and share this Peach Tart with Island Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 9 soft macaroons
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 -4 peaches, peeled,and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- For crust-----------.
- Crumble macaroons (two cups).
- In large mixing bowl stir together macaroon crumbs, pecans and margerine.
- Press mixture onto bottom and sides or and 11" tart pan with a removable bottom Bake in 350 oven until golden brown, 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling---------.
- In a chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form, set aside In a small bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add rum, vanilla and almond extract, beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Turn mixture into cooled crust, spread evenly.
- Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Before serving, toss peach slices with lemon juice.
- Arrange peaches and raspberries over filling.
- For glaze-------------.
- In a medium saucepan combine preserves and honey, stir until melted.
- Strain glaze if desired to remove and large pieces of fruit.
- Brush or spoon the glaze over fruit.