1/1 Photo of Peach Tart with Island Crust
2 hrs 15 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
The macaroon crust makes this tart worthwhile
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 soft macaroons
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 -4 peaches, peeled,and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberry
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1For crust-----------.
- 2Crumble macaroons (two cups).
- 3In large mixing bowl stir together macaroon crumbs, pecans and margerine.
- 4Press mixture onto bottom and sides or and 11" tart pan with a removable bottom Bake in 350 oven until golden brown, 15-18 minutes.
- 5Cool on a wire rack.
- 6For filling---------.
- 7In a chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form, set aside In a small bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- 8Add rum, vanilla and almond extract, beat until smooth.
- 9Gently fold in whipped cream.
- 10Turn mixture into cooled crust, spread evenly.
- 11Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- 12Before serving, toss peach slices with lemon juice.
- 13Arrange peaches and raspberries over filling.
- 14For glaze-------------.
- 15In a medium saucepan combine preserves and honey, stir until melted.
- 16Strain glaze if desired to remove and large pieces of fruit.
- 17Brush or spoon the glaze over fruit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Tart with Island Crust
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 210.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g