Recipe by Sharon123
This crust is so good! The dough can actually be pressed out to 1/4" thick, cut into triangles,and baked into cookies! With the peach filling, topped with whipped cream and/or caramel sauce, this is a keeper! From Chef Caprial Pence, who has her own cooking show on PBS.
Top Review by LaurietheLibrarian
This tart is delicious! We served it warm with vanilla bean ice cream. I would bake the crust until it is a little firmer next time (I had a turkey roasting at the same time so that may have thrown off the results.) The peaches were so ripe and the ginger paired with it so well. We will be making this every Fall!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 -6 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pastry, preheat oven to 350*F. Place flour, ginger, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Cut butter into 1 to 2 tablespoon pieces and, with the machine running, add the pieces to processor, one at a time. Process until a ball of dough forms on top of the blade. Remove from machine.
- Press into a well greased 12" tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for about 10 minutes, just until the dough starts to set. Remove from the oven and cool while making the filling.
- For the filling, preheat oven to 350*F., if you haven't done it already. Arrange sliced peaches in concentric circles in cooled tart shell, filling the shell. In a food processor, place cream cheese, cream, and sugar, mix until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and rum extract and mix well. Pour over peaches and bake for about 30 minutes,or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with lightly whipped cream and/or caramel sauce. Enjoy!