Recipe by Charlotte J
Store bought pastry dough makes this dessert a snap to make. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each slice.
- 3 cups fresh peaches, sliced (approximately 4 peaches)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 sheet prepared puff pastry, 10 inches by 16 inches and 1/4 inch thick,thawed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and flour; toss to mix.
- Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 15-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the pastry on an ungreased baking sheet and spoon the peaches into the center, leaving about 2 inches uncovered around the perimeter.
- The fruit will be stacked high but will reduce in volume as it cooks.
- Fold the uncovered edges of the pastry up to cover as much of the fruit as possible, pinching and tucking the dough as necessary.
- Dot the top of the fruit with the butter pieces.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Do not undercook.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.