Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is wonderful in the summer time with friends. And great after a light lunch
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (28 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 grease a 9 inch springform pan in small bowl, blend butter and sugar, then add vanilla and egg; beat well Add flour, baking powder, and salt to butter mixture; blend well.
- Spread dough over bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan.
- Over dough, arrange 5-6 peach slices in center to create a circular shape Place rest of slices around center circle to create the effect of sunrays.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; Bake 35-45 minutes Cool 10 minutes then remove the sides of pan.
Made this today for a birthday cake with a difference. The word "dough" had me worried as it just looked like a cake batter, but I need not have been concerned. It worked beautifully. We served it with a scoop of vanilla icecream. I would make it again, as it's a pretty cake to serve.
I have been making this exact recipe for years. I find this recipe to be easy to make and with ingredients I usually have on hand. The peaches look so pretty, it belies how simple it is to make. Thank you so much for posting this, Nannette!!