Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my sister-in-laws recipe, I have made every year for 6 years without any complaints. I hope you give it a try.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 2 lbs ripe peaches, washed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles medium crumbs.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup crumb mixture over bottom of pie shell.
- Add peaches.
- Sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg.
- Beat egg, cream and vanilla; pour over peaches.
- Cover with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until top is evenly golden brown.
Streusal didn't crumble and I cooked the pie for 45 min at 400 and the pie was golden, but was not cooked!!!
Loved the flavor of this peach pie! I thought there was perhaps a bit too much butter in the recipe (it was seeping out and the filling wasn't setting up), and I had to bake it closer to 50-55 minutes. I recommend this recipe, but only use maybe 1/3 cup butter and bake it longer.
Very good pie, servered it warm with vanilla ice cream tonight for dessert, yum. Thanks will make again.