Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
These muffins are delicious with fresh summer peaches. If you use frozen peaches, make sure to thaw them and drain any liquid before chopping.
Top Review by KitchenKelly
The dough was way too thick and had to add a ton more milk. Once they were done, they had a very floury taste, I think that perhaps there is a mistake with the recipe, such as too much flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh peeled peaches (may use frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chilled butter or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Using and electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add in 1/3 cup sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and beat until well blended.
- In a bowl, mix together the 2 1/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to batter; stir after each addition.
- Add in vanilla; stir to combine.
- Gently fold in peaches.
- Grease muffin tin; spoon batter into muffin cups until 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- With a pastry blender, cut in chilled butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over muffin batter.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Turn muffins out of pan and cool on wire rack.