Recipe by Irmgard
This delicious coffee cake is very easy to make, thanks to the bread machine. From "The Complete Book of Bread and Bread Machines" by Christine Ingram and Jennie Shapter.
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 4 -5 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dough, put the ingredients into the bread machine in the order listed and set on the dough setting.
- When the dough is ready, lightly grease a 10" springform pan.
- Punch down the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to fit the pan.
- Arrange the sliced peaches to cover the surface of the dough.
- Make the topping by mixing the flour, ground almonds and butter together until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the topping over the peaches.
- Cover the dough with lightly oiled plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 20 to 25 minutes so it can rise slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes or until evenly golden.
- Leave it to cool in the pan for a few minutes and serve warm, or turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.