Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I looked at all the peach smoothies and decided to make my own. I usu. don't sweeten my smoothies, but you may add some honey if you like. It makes a nice, thick, smooth smoothie.
- 6 -8 ounces apple juice
- 8 -10 unsweetened frozen peach slices
- 3 -4 medium frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon powdered soy protein concentrate
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add honey or ice cubes if desired for sweeter or thicker smoothie.
Slurp! That was me making sure I left nothing behind. Not only does this taste good but the wheat germ and flax seed help keep you full which is always a plus for me. Very good, thanks so much for the post.
Another smoothie to add to my favorites! This made a delicious breakfast smoothie for me today - I doubled the recipe to share with my kiddos and for the next five minutes after giving it to them, all I heard throughout the house was Mmmmm.....mmmmm! :) I used almond extract and did not have soy protein concentrate, but did have soy protein powder so I used that. Loved it! Prepared and reviewed for Aussie/New Zealand Recipe Swap March 2008.
Wonderful ! I used vanilla soy protein powder and left out the extract other wise followed exactly. I was not even hungry again until mid afternoon. Thank you so much.