Recipe by Please Delete
Excellent sauce to pour over vanilla ice cream or shortcake.
Top Review by flower7
Very nice! I used the canned peaches option. I served over some locally made rhubarb ice cream and it was a hit! I'm looking forward to trying what was leftover on shortcake. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peaches, adding peach nectar to substitute for peach juice in canned peaches
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 4 -6 fresh strawberries, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice from peaches into saucepan.
- Combine sugar and corn starch and stir into juice.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Add almond flavoring, reserve peach slices and sliced strawberries.
- Heat through.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream or short cake.