Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this on about.com....This delicious dessert sauce is perfect for any summer event or occasion, and it's so easy to make. If you want to use fresh peaches, use about 1 1/2 cups and substitute peach nectar or juice for the canned peach juice.
- 1 (15 ounce) can peach slices in juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 4 -6 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- Drain juice from peaches into a saucepan.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in to juice.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Add almond flavoring, reserved peach slices, and sliced strawberries; heat through.
I freeze peaches and strawberries every year so I used them both in this luscious sauce for our Mother's Day waffles. It was a hit.