The beautiful colours and flavours in these lovely summer drinks make hot weather fun. I hope you enjoy these lovely treats as much as we do. Remember to use good quality wine when making your punches it adds to the overall flavour.
Peach and Strawberry Punch
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup peach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 750 ml sparkling white wine, chilled (asti *may substitute wine for apple juice)
- 1 quart water, sparkling,chilled
- 4 large mint sprigs
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 nectarine, pitted and sliced into 8 wedges
- 3 large nectarines, pitted and coarsley chopped
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2⁄3 cup tequila, silver
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed ice (add more if necessary)
- 1⁄2 cup grenadine
- 8 sprigs mint
- 6 ounces frozen cherry lemonade concentrate
- 6 ounces water, cold
- 12 ounces apricot nectar, chilled
- 12 ounces pineapple juice, chilled
- 12 ounces ginger ale, spicy,chilled
- 1⁄2 cup light rum or 1⁄2 cup vodka (optional)
- 12 ice cubes
- 8 pineapple chunks, fresh
- 8 lime slices, fresh
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 skewers, plastic,small (may substitute toothpicks)
- Peach& Strawberry Punch Combine sliced berries and chopped peaches in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and gently stir.
- Allow the fruit to stand at room temperature 30 minutes to an hour.
- Pour fruit into iced punch bowl followed by wine, water, mint and ice.
- *Makes2 quarts* Nectarine Sunrise Reserve 8 nectarine slices.
- (*tobe used for garnish) In blender combine the chopped nectarines, orange juice concentrate, tequila and puree till smooth.
- Add crushed ice making sure to blend until slushy.
- (*Mixtureshould measure 5 cups in total-- add additional crushed ice if necessary) In bottom of glasses add 1 tbsp grenadine.
- Add slushy nectarine mixture.
- Top with a mint sprig and a nectarine slice.
- *Makes8 (5 ounce) servings* Fruity Lemonade Combine cherry lemonade concentrate, 1 can water, apricot nectar and pineapple juice in large pitcher.
- *Ifadding rum or vodka do so now-- (1/2 cup or to taste) Add ice cubes and then slowly pour in ginger ale and stir gently.
- Thread pineapple wedge, lime slice and marachino cherry onto plastic skewer for garnish.
- *Makes8 (5 ounce) servings*.
Made the Fruity Lemonade part of this recipe & loved the combo of fruit flavors in it! I even added a cup or so of it to a pitcher of ice tea that I'd made, & it gave it an unusually nice fruity flavor! Great time of year for ALL of these drinks! Thanks much for sharing! [Made & reviewed for a special adopted Baby of mine in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
I made the Peach&Strawberry Punch. I subbed apple juice for the wine. Very pretty! I used some of it by blending the fruit and the juice and drinking it. Thank you!